Friday, October 9, 2009

Priorities

So.

I crashed my car today. Im perfectly fine... a lil freaked, but I'm cool. I was just reflecting on the thoughts that were going thru my mind as everything was happening... here's my SparkNotes verision...

*car hydros into oncoming traffic* "OH MY EFFING GOSH!!! im bout to hit this car!!"
*i yank the wheel to go the opposite direction* "Are you serious? im spinning around?? dont this only happen in movies?? wait. theres a car coming. omg."
*still spinning (faster now) i try to gain control, buuuut, i screech and slide into the curb, head on* "Man! i knew i shoulda got some new tires when i was home! dang i wonder how much they'd cost..."
*screeching halt with my car half on half off the curb* "the traffic is coming towards me. i hope they see me and stop in time."
*i get out and look at the car* "wow. i hope i can get this fixed in time so i can go to Chicago and see Trey Songz in concert."
*still lookin at the car* man... i gotta call the insurance co. now, dont i??"
*police comes* "awww man... they gon think i was drunk, arent they?"
*talk with police, talk with insurance ppl, hang up on insurance ppl, talk with police, recieves ticket, tow truck comes, gets the car, and drives away* "DAMN IT!!! My Trey Songz "Ready" cd is in the Cd player!!! you have GOT to be kiddin me!!"
*i get picked up by my roommie and we discuss details of me leaving Trey in the car... so mad.*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This really shows that when we think we are safe from serious harm, we keep our mind focused on other shit. I was SURE i wasnt gonna get hurt by this so i focused my attention on random stuff. I dont remember once Thanking GOD for saving my life! omg. that sucks. I am so grateful to still be able to walk and have the PRIVLEGE to think about going to the Trey Songz concert. Damn. Im all fucked up. I know for certain now that i have to get my priorities in check... like ASAP. ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.