Monday, October 12, 2009

You Aint My Guh...

I was oh so very bored on the bus with a bad case of writer's block... Here's what came out. BLAH. i feel.
**************************************************

"oOo! he could get it!" i told her in my sarcastic 'tryna-sound-hood-but-i-really-like-live-in-suburbia' voice while we were sittin on the bus ridin home from school.

this guy was some type of brown skin, long curly hair pulled tight into a puffy ponytail covered with a black NY Yankees fitted, straight teeth with a NY swagga. rockin a fitted tee loose jeans with a wallet chain and some fresh Nike Dunks. i couldnt take my eyes off him as he made his way to the back of the bus. My friend, Tiffany, got excited when he sat in front of us.

"Aye, whats your name?" she asked brown skin with no hesitation. i couldnt help but be embarrassed for her as i sat there, head hung low eying the hem of my school uniform skirt. "...and this my girl, Taye." Tiff introduced me to him.

"Whats good?" Brown Skin sent a head nod my way. As he licked his soft pouty lips, I looked up and realized we were near my stop.

"Nothin, for real. Whats good with you...uh...?" I paused for him to interject with his name.

"...DeShon."

"DeShon," I repeated. I stood up as the bus came to a sudden stop. "yo, lemme get your number so I could call you some time."

"My B, shortie. i got a girl."

Feelin a sudden blow inside my chest, Tiff tried to play it off for me. "Oh. thas iight. But if you and your girl decide yall aint for each other, you need to get at Taye. Like, for real yo."

I started towards the front of the bus as she gave my number to Mr. Brown Skin DeShon. I shot a quick glance and smile towards him and stepped off the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.