Sunday, March 21, 2010

Beyond 'Good Enough'

Why have I always been told/ told myself that I'm never good enough?

As a child, I was always told that there was no time for dreams... Dreams were only excuses not to attempt true greatness. I got a little older, and began to belive this "ideal" my family lived by. As I became more obsessed with MY DREAM, my family proved to me they didn't support me. They told me that I wouldn't succeed. They let it be known thay they thought that I would be a failure- like my parents.

Low- freakin- blow.

Having people -seemingly- pray for your failures, is the hardest thing a CHILD can endure. As a young adult trying to find herself, its hard to FIND myself when I've been told forever that I'm not good enough. The psychological impact that has had on me definitely lasted to this day. I'm afraid of succeeding. Silly. I know. But its true.

How can I overcome this psyche I've devloped over time, and follow/chase/hunt and capture my dream? I ALWAYS tell people to go after THEIR dream cuz I know that's where their heart is. "I'm in love with potential." Someone told me that recently. I think it was all I needed. That little push (along with much need hard convo and some introspection) made me realize that I am full of potential. And for SOMEONE ELSE to realize that potential and push it in my face made me want to get off my tush and out of my safety zone and do what it is I've ALWAYS wanted to do. (Thank you.)

Selah.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.